The TWC International Open Government Dataset Search (IOGDS) is a linked data application based on metadata "scraped" from hundreds of international dataset catalog websites publishing a rich variety of government data. Metadata extracted from these catalog websites is automatically converted to RDF linked data and re-published via the TWC LOGD SPARQL endpoint and made available for download. The TWC IOGDS demo site features an efficient, reconfigurable faceted browser with search capabilities offering a compelling demonstration of the value of a common metadata model for open government dataset catalogs. We believe that the vocabulary choices demonstrated by IOGDS highlights the potential for useful linked data applications to be created from open government catalogs and will encourage the adoption of such a standard worldwide.
- This is an experimental demo and some queries may take a long time to response (30 ~ 60 seconds).
- Statistics (including graphics) summarizing our collected IOGDS metadata are available here
- (05 July 2012) We are aware of problems in the IOGDS tool pipeline handling some international character encodings and are working to solve the issue. Thanks for your patience as we implement a solution!
- Please refresh this page if the demo does not appear to have loaded.
- Our metadata model is described here, and an overview of our procedure for getting and publishing metadata is described here.
- Downloadable IOGDS metadata "dump" files in various formats (from 24 Oct 2012):
- Simple browseable listing of international dataset catalogs
International OGD Catalog Search, searching 1,022,787 datasets from 192 catalogs in 24 languages representing 43 countries and international organizations.
|UI Powered by S2S Version||2.0.0|
|LOGD OpenSearch Back-end Version||1.1.0|
Uses SPARQL Query: